Saturday, August 27, 2011

Jarod's 30th Birthday Skydiving Expedition

For Jarod's 30th birthday I decided to set up skydiving.  He has talked about jumping out of a plane for as long as I have known him.  One of my bestest friends in the whole world Traci wanted to go too.  So I set it up for the two of them.  I decided it wasn't for me.  However, the week of I went back and forth and finally decided the night before that I would just sit on the sidelines and watch with Mel.  Once Jarod and Traci started signing papers and getting ready I decided I HAD to do it.  So they went up and did their jump, and then they worked me in two planes later.  Every single one of us thought it was the most incredible thing we have ever done.  Jarod had absolutely zero problems.  Traci's body went a little numb once her chute had deployed and she passed out near the ground.  Since she was pretty out she wasn't able to get her legs up and had a bit of a crash landing.  She's no worse for the wear.  The only problem I had was when he deployed my chute it whipped me back so hard that I am struggling to move my neck at the moment.  I am very hopeful it will be better by tomorrow.  I must have just gotten a bit of whip lash.  Still it was pretty incredible.  All of us are ready to do it again.  I am so glad Jarod enjoyed himself and was able to take one of the things off his bucket list!  Jarod has some really great pictures.  I was supposed to get them too.  However, when we were on the ground the videographer told me that he didn't realize the camera's battery was dead....bummer!  We both got videos.  I took the video and was able to freeze a few of the frames for pictures.  They aren't as good as Jarod's.   But it was his b-day gift, so he is the only one that matters.

Traci and Jarod signing away their lives.











Jarod and Traci's hero walk...haha!


Practicing the banana pose.

My plane taking off.  There were eight of us smooshed like sardines in there.

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!




I was pretty worried about getting my feet up since Traci and another girl didn't.  It's a whole lot harder to do so when you are harnassed in!


So amazing!

Melanie sitting outside at the landing site during her Dad's jump.  She was very bored and unimpressed with her parent's skydiving shenanigans...




No comments:

Post a Comment