Melanie and I went to see Dr. Madden today. She was due for her 4 month well-baby check up. Unfortunately, I made a boo boo and somehow missed her appointment last month. So we were about 2 weeks late. She is doing so amazing. The doctor was impressed. I worry so much about her. She had a rough start and even though I know that I really have no reason to worry, I still do. So it's always nice to be reassured. She actually weighed less than I thought she would be. She is 12 lbs. 2 oz, which puts her in the 8th percentile for her age. She is in the 6th percentile for height and her head is in the 30th percentile. She has her Dad's noggin. Next month we will have a check-up with the NICU at Cardinal Glennon and with a cardiologist there. Hopefully after that, we can put all of the preemie business behind us. I am so proud of the progress she has made. She is incredible!!!!! He mentioned that he would like for us to begin trying solids. I'm a bit nervous about it and really thought we would wait until about six months. I might hold off another week until she is 5 months. She also got a series of immunizations. From now on I am going to dread the days that she gets them. She has gotten a fever both times now. And she is just miserable for the rest of the evening. This child loves to eat and refused to eat because she was so miserable and upset. It hurts my heart to see her so sad.


No comments:
Post a Comment