I keep saying that the time from about Labor Day until the first week in January is the most busy time of the year for us. It is my FAVORITE time of the year. So many fun things to do. Fall is always so fun. And then you get into Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years fun. We've had about a bajillion things going every weekend. And there is no end in sight... It's been so fun. But definitely tiring. This weekend we had my work's annual Rockwood Early Childhood Trivia Night. It's always a good time. This year our amazing table won second place. We lost by one measly point!!!! I also actually won a bid on a Story Time basket donated by Parent's as Teachers. It's way cute! Can't wait until Mel is old enough to use it. Then today we attended go! St. Louis' Halloween 10k and Fun Run. It was so much fun. They encourage all runners to wear Halloween costumes. We decided to do the 10k instead of the 1 mile fun run. I had planned on bringing a stroller but last minute found out they had a rule about NO strollers for the 10k. To my unpleasant surprise, many mother's broke the rules and brought jogging strollers anyway. They kept announcing that stroller runners were only for the Fun Run. People just didn't care. So as far as I could tell I was the only person out of the 6,000 people down there to carry a 15 lb. baby all 6.2 miles. Mel and I had our picture taken by the volunteers a lot. We all kept joking that they were ruining our time. He he. Because we were so serious about it... In all honesty we actually didn't do too bad and kept a decent pace the entire time. We would pick a group of people and decide they were our next victims to pass. Jarod was funny and said things like, "Don't turn around and look. You know the cow is going to get you." The race was neat and took us through the Lafayette neighborhood, Soulard neighborhood, through the Anhieser Busch brewery, and back to downtown. It was an awesome time. We decided we would like to make it an annual thing. Jessie and I made a goal for ourselves to run the entire thing next year... We shall see. Of course we hit up the Boathouse for brunch afterwards. And now I am sitting on the couch being incredibly lazy. I am a little embarrassed to say that I am a bit sore. My back more than anything. Carrying a 15 lb. baby over six miles attached to your shoulders isn't easy. Or at least it wasn't easy on this mama's shoulders. But I am going to get my butt up in a few minutes and tackle the kitchen and also make Melanie's butternut squash puree.

Miss Cow sitting in the car on the way down to the race.
The cow, cat, and spider web. My tutu is a little awkward...
Family photo op
At the car after the race. One of us really should have carried our phone to get pictures along the race... Mel is wiped out. She's giggling in the picture, but won't lift her head. She loved the entire thing. Didn't get fussy at all. When we first took off she giggled and giggled. It was entirely too cute! She was pumped.
Snoozing at the Boathouse.
Totally wiped!
No comments:
Post a Comment