Melanie is 7 months old today. I just can't believe she is getting so big. Time is just going way too fast! SLOW DOWN! She is at such a fun age. I love how her personality is really shining through. She is just a ball of energy. She plays hard, eats big, and sleeps little. I actually decided last night that enough was enough. It's time for my darling girl to start sleeping through the night. No more of this five-six hour business with quite a few wake up calls in between. I put her to bed at 8 last night. She woke up once at 11:30 but then slept the rest of the night. That's my big girl!!!
Some of the things she has been up to this month are:
Eating more of mommy's yummy purees.
Rolling all around the house.
Tripod sitting.
Talking, (It's a bit more like shrieking,) constantly.
She is really in to her toys. She wasn't so much last month.
She is grabbing everything she can get her hands on and putting them in her mouth. Including her feet which she promptly starts sucking on.
Her favorite game is to put her hand in my mouth so that I can pretend to eat it. It makes her laugh and laugh. As soon as I stop she reaches out for my mouth again.
She loves to be sang to. I sing to her with my horrible singing voice all the time. She especially likes "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Where is Thumbkin", and "Rubber Ducky." And of course my silly made up songs which could be belted out at any point during the day. I work in Early Childhood... I know more children's songs than I care to.



No comments:
Post a Comment