Thursday, October 6, 2011

Playtime

Whew...  It's been a really long week.  The past few have been difficult.  Melanie has been waking up more than a few times overnight.  With Jarod gone during the week, I am struggling to adjust to the whole back to work/mom of a six month old gig.  And I always seem to be busy busy busy.  (Which is completely my fault.  I hate to sit at home alone.  Keeping myself busy makes it so that I don't have as much time to miss Jarod.)  So really I stress my own self out.  After last week being really hard, I decided that I need to calm down a bit.  Not plan as many things during the week.  Not stress about the house as much.  If there is a sink of dishes, not to freak out.  It will get done at some point.  And to enjoy my time with Melanie more.  Today, I was so tired from the nightly wake up calls that I almost fell asleep on my way home from work.  I picked up a tired Melanie from my parent's house and we went home.  I put Melanie down for a nap.  Then I did something I NEVER do.  I laid down for a nap myself.  Oh-My-Goodness!  It was amazing.  We both slept from 2-4:30.  I felt so much better after.  We did some errands and then had dinner.  After which we got in some play time.  Melanie has not been into the whole sleeping thing as much lately and much more into the playing thing.  Guess that's what happens when babies get older. ;o)




1 comment:

  1. sleep sucks while they are teething too... maybe some new teeth will break thru soon!

    ReplyDelete