Saturday, April 9, 2011

3 Pounds!!!!

Melanie hit the 3 pound mark!!!!  Yesterday, she was 3 lbs. 2 oz.  She's getting to be such a big girl!  We tried breastfeeding twice yesterday and little miss was just too tired.  The nurses taught us how to kind of make her mad to wake her up.  So Jarod would rub the underside of her foot and she would scream.  However, the second he stopped she would literally pass right back out.  So not so much luck yesterday with breastfeeding.  The lactation consultant even came in to try and help.  She said she is just acting like a premature baby.  They either really want to eat or really want to sleep.  Yesterday sleep won out.  We've also learned that this MRSA thing is more of a pain in the butt than anything else.  Her doctor came in and talked to us yesterday.  He said that he was hearing a heart murmur.  He told us not to get too excited.  That she would most likely grow out of it.  So we aren't too worried.  He said the main thing we all need to be working on is feeding.  I think they are really thinking that she will go home right around her due date.  They said it could go one week either way as long as she stays on track...  Can't wait to get her home.  Both Jarod and I think she is just the cutest thing ever.  Jarod is always asking her why she is the cutest thing in the world.  She has already got her Daddy wrapped around her fingers.  My frugal husband asked me why we didn't have a mobile for her.  I told him she already had a flower canopy.  He thought she needed to have one.  So off to the store I went to get her a mobile.  Don't know what's going to happen when she's 16 and tells her Dad she needs a car.  He he.  Here are a few pictures from the day:

Just too funny.  Jarod was doing rapid fire on the camera.  I think she was sneezing...

I feel like she's telling her Dad, "Please, no more pictures!"

Mommy trying to wake Melanie up so she will eat!

I love this!!!  She's got my feet.  Her toes go behind eachother!

No comments:

Post a Comment