It's hard to believe that its been one month since our beautiful girl was born. I absolutely couldn't imagine my life without her. She didn't seem to care that today was her one month birthday though. She was so cranky. That is until her dad got back into town this evening. She is absolutely her daddy's girl. She looked so much better to me today. She had one dstat this morning while in her bassinet and then one this evening while I was giving her her 8 p.m. feeding. Luckily, I didn't get scared and did exactly what needed to be done and we dealt with it. Seeing the nurse do it yesterday I knew just what to do. I still think she has done so much better today than she did yesterday. The doctor did order an echo cardiogram to check and make sure that her heart is okay. They decided to do this because she is having the dsats and a heart murmur. She told me that she expects it to come back fine, but that they just want to check. They had to send it off to Cardinal Glennon to be read by a cardiologist there so we won't hear results on that until tomorrow. All in all it's been a great day.
A quick note about me: I went to the doctor today and am completely back to normal. My blood pressure is finally back under control, my red blood cell count is perfect, and my swelling is completely gone! Feeling good.
Here are some pictures from today. I think it's so funny that the only time Melanie was as alert as she was for her dad with me, the past few days while he was out of town, was while she was screaming at me. She just loves her dad so much. Makes me a bit jealous!
It was impossible to get a good picture of our wiggle worm!
And here she is being so alert because her dad was back in town. At least I can boast that she's looking at me taking the picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment