Sunday, April 17, 2011

Such a Wonderful Day!

Today was such a great day.  We were so excited to get to the hospital and see that Melanie is out of her incubator.  She is now in a bassinet.  She made the four pound milestone.  She is 4 lbs. 0.4oz.  Things seemed to just click today.  She's acting so much more like a newborn than a preemie.  She nippled 7 out of the 8 feedings in a row.  They are required to nipple 8 feedings in a row to go home.  The doctor also said that she might be ready to go home by the end of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Things also seemed to really click with how I am feeding her.  She breastfed for two feedings in a row today.  She was filled up after both and didn't require a bottle or to be gavaged.  It was so wonderful and I didn't feel like pulling my hair out and she didn't cry!  What a wonderful day!  We are trying not to get our hopes up.  They say that preemies tend to take two steps forward and then one step back.  However, we are hoping she keeps up the good work and we can spend our first Easter home as a family of three!
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Linda told me about your blog and it has been so wonderful to catch up on Melanie's progress. I can't believe she is already 4 lbs! Way to go with the breastfeeding- you are such a trooper. She is beautiful and I have been showing Braden and Owen the pictures so they can see the baby that was in Ms. Katie's tummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks wonderful! I am so glad she's doing so well--she's a fighter :)

    ReplyDelete