I think my little girl is becoming a little piggy! I love it. She was 3 lb. 12.9 oz. this morning. Her nurse said she thought she might hit 4 lbs. over night or by the next day. She said it was all that great "mother's milk." It made me feel good. Like I am doing something great for my little girl. She also had an eye exam today. A children's optometrist came over from Cardinal Glennon today to check some of the smaller babies in the NICU. They warned us about the test before they did it. They take these things that look like a tiny eyelash curler and pull back the babies eye lids so that only the eye is exposed. Then they pull back on the skin so that they can see behind the eye. Jarod of course was interested and watched the entire thing, and I hid my face in his chest and teared up when I heard my poor baby scream at the top of her lungs. It was hard to hear. Oddly enough, as soon as it was over she went straight back to sleep. So it must not have been too bad. We're still trying to work through this breastfeeding thing. It's so hard and frustrating. It just might not happen until shes a bit bigger.

You're doing a great job! BFing is hard! Jae wasn't even dealing with the hurdles that Melanie is and we never could get it right. Melanie is doing suck a good job!
ReplyDelete