Still obsessed with her baby pumpkin. It came on our walk.
Mommy's little pumpkin all bundled up.
Checking out the Canadian Geese that like to swim in the lake in our subdivision.
The leaves seem to be at their peak right now and are absolutely gorgeous. As is the weather. I'm hoping we will still have beautiful leaves next weekend as well. I really want to get to the Lewis and Clark trail and get a fun fall hike in!
Saturday Jarod made plans with friends for my birthday. We met up with them at a park for a picnic. Then we were supposed to go ride the Frisco Wabash & Pacific Railroad. A small train that takes you through the woods and past the Meramec River. I messed up. It is only open on Sundays. So that was a bust. We ended up going to Castlewood Park for a nice little walk by the river. Then we all dropped our kids off to family for an adult dinner at Cunneto's. I was worried about being away from Luke during a feeding. That he would need a bottle and not take it. However, we were gone less than the three hour span and he didn't even need a bottle. After picking up all of our kids we headed back to our house for a fire in the fire pit. (My favorite!)
Luke hanging out in his pumpkin seat while we picnic'd.
Sunday we made a trip to the zoo. As always it was fun. I don't think I will ever get sick of our zoo trips. We did some things we don't normally do. We rode the train which was a blast for Melanie. She squealed the whole time. Melanie and Jarod got to see the Sea Lion show. I ended up in a bathroom nursing Luke. I wish I could be okay with sitting in a public place and nursing Luke. I have a nursing cover. I use it at home when friends and family are around. I just still am not super comfortable with the public thing. (I need to get over it.) Mel and Jarod rode the carousel as well. It storm rolled in super fast while they were riding the carousel and as soon as they got off we high tailed it to the car as fast as we could. I was wearing Luke so I tried to block the rain as much as I could. Poor baby.
This was Luke's first official Zoo trip!!! He snuggled against me the whole time. I love that!
Melanie and her buddy Macie. They are getting cute together. Funny enough, right after this picture was taken Macie told Melanie, "NO!" And pushed her away. She had been with that goat and Melanie kind of infringed on her territory. And then Melanie being ultra sensitive, (which she has been lately when she's tired,) began to cry because her feelings were hurt. It's so funny to watch their interactions. They do love each other.
Lord help me. I couldn't help but sing, "All aboard the choo-choo train. All aboard the choo-choo train." She eats it up!
And a picture from our walk this evening for good measure. Melanie looks like a little hoodlum. She has crazy hair, Mommy's coat on, black pants under her dress, and ballet slippers on. He he. She refused a nap today and decided to be a beaver on her crib when she was supposed to be napping. Tomorrow should be interesting. LOL.













No comments:
Post a Comment