Quite the little mother. I can tell she loves her baby brother. She kisses him, covers him, and pets him. There are times when I see some jealousy come out. The past few days she's been destroying the house while I am nursing Luke. She gets into things she knows she's not allowed to get into. I've been trying my hardest to give her my full attention while she is awake other than times when I need to diaper or feed Luke. Then I give Luke one on one while she is napping in the morning and afternoon. So far it's been a good compromise!
I have also had some silly anxieties since Luke came home. I've been afraid to sleep upstairs in our bedroom. I don't want to wake Jarod when he needs to work and I had such a good routine going downstairs. It's hard to get out of habits. I also have been worried about going anywhere with the two of them. So last night I decided enough was enough. Luke is two months old and it's time to get back to normal. I slept upstairs with my husband. Nursed Luke in bed and it wasn't bad at all. Then today we ventured out to Costco. I specifically picked it because I knew the carts would be large enough for both of them. I did find out that there isn't much room for anything else besides both kids. And this was in a large cart. So from now on, I'll most likely have to wear Luke when I have them both shopping. But the whole trip was easy as pie!
Another thing I decided needed to be taken care of today was beginning Melanie's transition to her new room. That includes getting her out of a crib and into her toddler bed. I'm not going to say this was easy. I sat with her for about an hour. Calming her, rubbing her back, and she finally fell asleep. I'm pretty proud of her. I didn't know if we would be successful the first try.
So anyway. Back to motherhood lately: I feel like we are finally getting back into the groove and it's very nice! And I am MORE than loving the stay at home mom gig! It's wonderful!!! I'm very lucky!






YAY!
ReplyDelete