Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Cardiologist

Yesterday we made a visit to the cardiologist.  They were checking on the three issues that Melanie had when she was born.  I am beyond happy to report that everything looks great.  They were concerned with a hole she had in a ventricle when she was born.  It thankfully has resolved itself.  She still has a murmur.  However, at this point there is no worry.  And we don't need to go back to see the cardiologist.  I get myself so worked up over these things.  So what a relief!
She was hesitant in the beginning to be cooperative.
We weren't above bribing her with phones, name badges, and bubbles.
This was by far the roughest part.  Once they got her completely hooked up.  With about 15 wires.  It took both Jarod and I to hold her down.  And bubbles to keep her still just long enough to get a good reading.
We were seriously impressed with how well behaved she was during the 20 minute scan.  The nurse even commented how most kids don't make it through the entire thing and that she was incredible well behaved.  Thank god for Dora and goldfish crackers.


And of course, little brother.  This was taken at the end of our morning at Cardinal Glennon.  After I nursed him.  For the most part, he was in my arms while I was stuffing a pacie in his mouth and rocking him.











No comments:

Post a Comment